Intuitional Tarot

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Intuitional Tarot

The former Intuitional Tarot class from The Magical Circle

4 posters

Just Wondering

Hope
    Hope
    Tarot Seeker

Just Wondering Empty Just Wondering

Post by Hope Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I was just wondering how other people feel about being asked to swap tarot readings for services or other tarot readings. For example give a tarot reading for getting my yard mowed....or give a tarot reading, receive a tarot reading. This is something that I have been struggling with and I have made it a habit to turn down swapping services.... but I do wonder if I'm doing the right thing.

HOPE QOC
    CitharaRaven
    CitharaRaven
    Admin

Just Wondering Empty Re: Just Wondering

Post by CitharaRaven Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 pm

I think this is really a personal thing. You have to do what you're comfortable with, and if you're not comfortable swapping, then you shouldn't do it. Myself, I swap readings with my best friend (Queen of the Universe here on the boards), but that's about it, really.

CitharaRaven
    greymere
    greymere
    Tarot Sage

Post by greymere Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 pm

I was on a tarot list that did a lot of swapping readings between members. I have no problem with that. It was for the purposes of sharpening our readings skills by practice. Everyone cut each other a lot of slack, because we all knew we were just learning. Sometimes two individuals would arrange to each read for the other. Other times someone would post their spread, with cards drawn and their interpretations, then ask members to comment on those interpretations.

But I've never actually bartered a reading.

Grey Mere
    Chrisdee
    Chrisdee
    Tarot Sage

Post by Chrisdee Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Swapping services is a great idea. My son sometimes asks me to read for his college friends, I think it's the only time he helps with the cleaning Lol.
    Blessings Chrisdee
    Hope
    Hope
    Tarot Seeker

Post by Hope Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 am

Chrisdee, I totally get swapping for people you know or people you are affiliated with. I'm just not so sure about strangers... I've been conned several times out of readings and now I guess I've turned into a cynic!

HOPE
    greymere
    greymere
    Tarot Sage

Post by greymere Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 pm

well, on the old IT we had a Reading Room for practice purposes, although they were real readings for real people - other students in the Magical Circle School, not necessarily Tarot students. These readings were all free, just a way for us to learn, so "conning" was not an issue. This is why the insistence on feedback for readings was so strong.

I understand the reading room here will be gratis also, a chance to read for others to hone our skills or just to practice them.

Grey Mere

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:48 pm