Intuitional Tarot

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Intuitional Tarot

The former Intuitional Tarot class from The Magical Circle

4 posters

Guided meditation

CitharaRaven
    CitharaRaven
    Admin

Guided meditation Empty Guided meditation

Post by CitharaRaven Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Do you prefer guided meditation, or meditating on your own? (By "guided" I mean actively listening to a recording while meditating.)
    heartdivine
    heartdivine
    Tarot Seeker

Guided meditation Empty Re: Guided meditation

Post by heartdivine Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:53 am

I also like guided ones because for some reason, meditating by myself makes me really lazy to do it lol.
    CitharaRaven
    CitharaRaven
    Admin

Post by CitharaRaven Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:52 pm

LOL. I tend to meditate more on my own, but when I can I'll do a guided meditation.
    Cat
    Cat
    Tarot Seeker

Post by Cat Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:15 pm

I prefer guided meditations. I have recently discovered walking labyrinths. They are really cool. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to do and I use my headphones and listen to "meditation" music. When it is bad weather I go to the site Jade turned me on to (www) labyrinthonline (.com) check it out!
    CitharaRaven
    CitharaRaven
    Admin

Post by CitharaRaven Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Cat, what's a walking labyrinth? Can you explain it a bit?

CitharaRaven
    Cat
    Cat
    Tarot Seeker

Post by Cat Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:22 pm

CitharaRaven:

Jade found this site, but I can't post the link yet.

General info/history of labyrinths
    I'll touch on some basic history facts. However, the focus of this website is the experience of the labyrinth and the gifts it can help manifest. If you wish to know more about the history, all you need to do is search "labyrinth history" in any major search engine and a huge volume of material is available to you. Jeff Saward is probably the leading modern historical authority. His Caerdroia publication are loaded with historical facts.

Labyrinth...
    • is a unicursal (one) circuitous path/walk of self discovery
    • is a healing symbol in and of itself
    • has appeared in all societies around the globe for the past 4000 years or more
    • can be found in backyards, parks, health and prisons, and churches
    • has been found at ancient sacred sites all over the world

This was copied from www?labyrinthonline?com substitute "." where I have the question marks. This site is really cool. I hope you like it.
    CitharaRaven
    CitharaRaven
    Admin

Post by CitharaRaven Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Wow, that looks like a neat website! I'll have to read through all the material.
    greymere
    greymere
    Tarot Sage

Guided meditation Empty Re: Meditation -labyrinth - unicursal

Post by greymere Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 am

"unicursal" is a term from geometry. A unicursal figure is one where you can draw the whole thing with lifting your pencil or retracing any of the path. A circle is unicursal. The pentagram star is unicursal. The standard six-pointed star is not - you have to lift the pencil (there is an obscure hexagonal star which is unicursal...)

The difference between a maze and a labyrinth is that the former has multiple paths and dead ends. A labyrinth is unicursal, just follow the path - no forks to choose among, no choices at all.

Walking a labyrinth can be very meditational. There is a large one mown into the grass at a Pagan camp I visit sometimes. As I walk it, I like to chant to keep the "monkey mind" occupied. Several times I have gone in with a problem and come out with a solution: "Well, of course, that's what I should do. Now why didn't I see that before?" I use one of the following:

May I walk in the Beauty Way
    Dance on the sacred path
    Always in step with the
    Rhythms of Mother Earth.

With every step I take I walk in Beauty.
    With every breath I take I breathe in Life.
    With every step I take I walk I walk my prayer.
    With every breath I sing my song of praise.

Grey Mere
    Cat
    Cat
    Tarot Seeker

Post by Cat Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Grey Mere you always give such wonderful insight! I knew about the no multiple paths and dead ends. but never thought about Unicursal - straight to the answer!!

What pagan camp to do visit? I had to do a meditation project for my year and a day pagan class and Jade helped me find the website above. I have only visited the labyrinth 1 time and really want to go back. I used meditation music. I can't wait to go back and use one of your mantras!
    greymere
    greymere
    Tarot Sage

Post by greymere Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:05 pm

The one with the big labyrinth mown in the meadow is Diana's Grove, in Missouri south of Jefferson City and Rolla. Nearest town is Salem (naturally, Where do you find the "witches"? Salem, of course). I don't go there much any more; it's a thousand miles round trip, and gas is so much more expensive. Besides, I'm getting on in age, and that's a lot of driving.

Mostly I go to Camp Gaia south of Leavenworth, Kansas, only about 200 miles each way. The big Heartland Pagan Fest is there Memorial Day weekend. This year I went to two smaller festivals there as well.

Actually there is a church here in town which has laid out a labyrinth with the paths outlined in brick amidst a stand of evergreens. They call it a "Community Labyrinth" - that's on a sign by the street - and encourage anyone in town to use it. I've been there with groups a couple of times. There's a little box by the entrance they keep little informational pamphlets on labyrinths in.

Grey Mere

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm